Monday, September 1, 2008

Update!

Well as you can tell we have slacked in the blog department for a while. Ryan tried his hand at the blog and I thought he did such a good job he should always be our main blogger. So we had a little stand off going and I guess he won because here I am blogging. We had a busy fun summer. Parker played baseball and his team won second place, he was super excited and so were we! Preston helped out a lot and was the unoffical assistant coach. The boys also spent a lot of the summer playing in our yard with friends and swimming. We enjoyed celebrating Ryan's Grandma Jan 80th birthday party. We had so much fun visiting with and seeing all of the family. We all enjoyed a trip to Eliches with our neighbors. Gabriela came and spent a week with us and we went on a cub scout picnic to the dairy. We enjoyed our cousin Austin who came and spent a week with us. We went camping and fishing. Melanie won 2 1st and a 2nd place on her quilts in the Colorado State Fair. Ryan is still driving 80 miles each way for work, but has discovered audio books make a great drive. Gabriela joined us for our annual camping trip on labor day weekend. That sums up the fun for our summer! The boys started school a couple of weeks ago and I am still trying to cope with an empty house. It just feels wrong! They are doing well so far in school and that makes a big difference. I think if they hated it I would have a harder time. Well I am having trouble loading my pictures so I will add them later!