Friday, May 16, 2008

Our Mothers Day Weekend '08

Look at this mornings haul.
After a break for lunch we got right back to the action!

Not a bad haul for our first morning.




You should have seen the one that got away!



Another big one. Can you believe the luck?





Parker loves to catch the big ones. He had the biggest of the whole trip!



The fishing was kind to Melanie on her special day. She couldn't stop catching 'em!




Preston & Parker holding antoher beautiful rainbow.



We stopped and played in the Cache le Poudre river on the way home.





Parker was geared up and ready to go!
Turns out though, he's such a fisherman,
he scooped one up out of the shallows with his bare hands.
Who needs all this fancy equipment?




The scenery was unimaginably beautiful!




The boys climbed on everything. What a blast!




A wonderful mother with her two special boys on Mothers Day.




Our fishing hole guest, this moose grazed in the shrubs while we fished!






Reading the local paper while we head to the next fishing hole. Way to go young Indie!




Just along for the ride and having fun.




Momma had to drive us everywhere. She gets carsick when Daddy drives.

No complaints from Daddy!



The place we stayed had an awesome fort. The boys loved it.




We had so much fun over mothers day weekend. We loaded up the van and headed up to the Roosevelt National forest for our annual mothers day camping trip. We arrived friday night with just enough time to get set up and moved in and then settle down for the night. Saturday was a bit cold and windy, so we stayed in and played games and hung out together. We took advantage of the poor weather and scouted out where we wanted to fish the following day. Our scouting payed off. We had one of the best fishing days ever on Sunday. We all took turns reeling in the big ones. It was great. We went back to the same spot Monday to try to replicate our success but didn't have the same luck. During our long afternoon of fishing we had a moose show up and graze in the bushes near us for a few hours. The boys eventually tired of fishing and started playing with a toy boat that we tied to a fishing line for them. That kept them busy for hours. It was a great trip. It was tough to pack up and head home on Monday evening. We took a long scenic drive through the mountains on our way home stopping a few times to play in the river and goof around. What a memorable weekend!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun trip! Thanks for the update comment on my blog. I think I put my email on the last one - if not it's etiawm@yahoo.com I usually try to keep specific locations and detail info off the blogs. The last time I saw Grandma and Grandad was at our wedding about 21 years ago. The last time I remember seeing your family was when we visited in Gainsville - I must have been 12?? My mom had told me about Charlie and she had forwarded a couple letters that Andrew wrote from his mission. Mom's forwarded a couple of pictures of Angela and her family . So I think she has kept in touch with Jack somewhat. I also remember getting your wedding announcement. I remember having lots of fun playing with Scotty - that's what we called Jason when he was little - too bad our families didn't stay connected. How is your mom doing? - I have good memories of her when I was a little girl - I still think of her as my aunt.
    Our side - you got an update on me from my blog. Renee is 36 and married to Lance. They have 2 kids, Kaylona 14 and Alex 12 they live in the northern part of Idaho about an hour from my parents; Lisa 35 is married to Paul and he has 3 kids from a previous marriage - Courtney 17, Jeremy 11 or 12?, and Miranda 9 or 10?, then they have Jonathon who is 4, they live in eastern Washington; Reid I don't know exactly how old - 32? married to Naomi, he has two kids from his first marriage, Richard 10 and Amira 8 they live in Northern Utah; Shauna 30 married to Ben who just graduated from Pharmacy school at Boise -they will be moving soon to eastern WA,3 kids - Katya 6 next month, Will 3, and Isabella 1; Leo married to Rachel - 4 kids Tanner, Emilee, Tyler, Kelli ranging from 9? to not quite 1 year; Weston married to Desire - 3 boys Jabon, Jared, Austyn 4-1?; Russel 22, just married Melinda. So I don't know all the specifics on all my siblings. I haven't been as close to them as they have been to eachother -part of the reason when I got married they were all still pretty young and we didn't live near eachother or keep in touch that well - I think we're all trying to make a better effort these days - the internet helps. Naomi - Reid's wife keeps a blog too- you can get to hers from mine - click on the blog link for Reid and Naomi on the left hand side.
    (Sorry this is so long for a comment!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the update! Looks like you guys had a great time fishing. Mom said that the fish fry was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had alot of fun on your Mother's Day getaway. My girls like to be at the computer when I am so they were very excited to see the fish!! Now they point to the computer and say "fish". So we will be looking at your blog alot. I hope all is well for you!
    -Kellie

    ReplyDelete

leave us a message!